Sunday, August 16, 2009

Refocus

Yesterday I was being petty, complaining about ribbons and winnings at the fair. Today life refocused and put into priority. Today I got the email from England that one of my dearest, lifelong and loving friends has passed after a year long struggle of cancer. The loss is enormous,the pain forever deep. Ribbons - what ribbons? I just want Colin back. We met in 1984, on a nude beach (him nude, me not) in Negril, Jamaica. It was a fun filled and forever life changing week. From that week, came over 20 years of friendship and vacations together. I have treasured those vacations with Colin and his amazing wife Jane in my memories as if they were only yesterday. That will never change. Heaven is such a better place now that the funniest, most entertaining guy I've known is there. I now know that I can look forward to my turn for heaven, knowing we will at least be together again. There are no exact words to describe the amazing wit, humor (not always tasteful but it just didn't seem wrong coming from him), driving skills (I would describe it along the lines of "Toad" in the "Wind in the Willows", his love for adventure and always having the time to just be a good friend. Good-bye my sweet, funny, loving, forever friend. The loss of you will change me forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment