Sunday, February 15, 2009

And so it goes

Today I was feeling overwhelmed with saddest. I'm not sure what brought it on (actually I do). I was sitting in church when I found out a couple I've known at church will be moving back to Atlanta in a few months. But then it made me think of another couple who will be moving back to England in July. Mary and Rob, what a wonderful twosome. Mary and I have done many prayer events together and is someone you feel automatically attached too. So I was sad thinking about their move back. Then I became sad thinking about England and thinking again how I can't afford a trip back to see my dearest friend Colin who has terminal throat cancer. After that thought, it just went down hill. Even though the sermon was upbeat, I couldn't help but miss Colin so much. Then when thinking of Colin, it made me think of my friend Lori that passed from cancer in September at age 44. Do you see the progression of events. One thought automatically led to another. That kind of sadness is so hard to shake. I figured if I went grocery shopping, food would definitely take it off my mind. But then son #3 started complaining about his throat feeling scratchy again and requested a trip to the drs. Off we go.....and again another case of STREP! We have never had strep circling the family like a vulture before!! The dr. said it was probably a very strong strain of bacteria - which happens - and some of the germs lingered, then grew, then tested positive again. Do you think we could win an award for most cases of strep in a short period of time in one family?? Needless to say, that did get my mind off of sadness for awhile and focused on making son #3 feeling better. I wonder if popsicles wil make my sadness better? Worth a try! Tomorrow is a new day and hopefully a better one. I think I'll sit down and write a letter to England, just to let them know I'm thinking of them.

1 comment:

  1. Becky, sorry you had such a sad time this afternoon! Y'all are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete