Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Just Milk

Okay, its been a crappy day. I was trying to think positive, especially after posting about Guerrilla Goodness BUT when you've been hoping for a REALLY long time that it would finally snow ALOT and its again RAINING, then the rest of the day went downhill. Is it possible for a whole bunch of 2 year olds to get up on the wrong side of the bed on the SAME DAY? Well, after today I can honestly tell you YES. We've had a wonderful year so far in our preschool class - really - but then today happened. When finally it was time to escape and go home, I'm informed that son #3 may have pink-eye. Okay, so much for curling up on the couch and relaxing before retrieving son #1 from school. Then there was the trip to Trader Joe's after the dr. appt. with sons #1, #2, #3....I was so irritated when leaving, I was hoping for the crazy shopping cart lady that is sometimes there to add to my day (Joan, I was looking out for her). But then son #1, decides to NOT listen for the 100th time since arriving at Trader Joes and drops a gallon of milk (which is the reason for going to TJs)in the parking lot and it rolls under the van (amazingly, did not break). As I'm feeling the veins in my neck bulge and crazed behavior consumes my body - I begin to yell. I swear I try hard not to do this at my sons - mainly, make them feel horrible. So it was a pissy day. Most of all, now I feel pissy at myself. I made son #1 feel horrible over something as stupid as milk. Just milk. Why couldn't I just suck it back in and ignore all the annoyances of the day. No, I let them pile up and took it out on someone who only has kindness in his heart at all times. So I slap myself and try to put this incident in my twisted up brain as a major lesson learned. What is the lesson? When things seem so bad, remember - it's just milk. Nothing more. Just milk. Now to apologize to son #1 and explain to him that his twisted brain mommy isn't perfect by a long stretch, but at least she is willing to admit it. Hope that counts for something. Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Beck:

    We've all been there...don't be too hard on yourself. One thing that helps me from turning into psycho mommy is to laugh and say "there are things to worry about and this isn't one of them." Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I know that you are a fabulous mother and for every one "bad" thing you do, there are about 1000 great things you do.

    ReplyDelete