Saturday, January 3, 2009

Welcome

AS if I don't have other things to do, my New Year started off wanting to start a new blog. The other one was suppose to be just about ordinary day to day things of life but after 6 months, it's quite obvious that its a blog about the KIDS! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE talking about my kids because I adore and love every inch of their overly energetic selves. How could you not adore such sweetness....but before it becomes "here she goes again", that is where it ends. My friend Joan has a fab site called Mothers on the Brink where she is able to vent and give her opinions without being interrupted - I love it. She inspired me to attempt to blog about stuff that isn't kid related. Okay, they will be mentioned occassionally. So now to the title. Well, if you have known me for a long time, I always had a passion for Elvis - my first love. Actually saw him in concert when I was 16. My other passion for many years before the children were born were Corgis. Corgis are dogs. Amazing, wonderful, loyal and loving animals. My uncle had one as a child, then he raised and breeded them which meant everyone in the family got a one as a puppy. Now how do Elvis and Corgis go together? WELL, it just so happens that in Elvis' movie, Blue Hawaii, there is a corgi in the film. It was amazing to me that my two passions, Elvis and Corgis were actually in the same movie together - how lucky is that! So basically I need an outlet to vent, think and ponder life in general. Hence the subtitle - Random Ramblings. There is no theme to this blog - at least not yet so for now, whatever happens to pop into my head on any given day, I'll just write about it. Hopefully it will be somewhat interesting, maybe you will check in to read it from time to time. It is just something that will evolve as time goes on. Happy New Year!

(oops, my friend Evi pointed out that I didn't mention that the Queen of England has corgis and that England IS my favorite place to vacation. Thanks Evi!)

2 comments:

  1. This is great. I am staying tuned for more updates.
    Since this is a "rambling" blog, I can see that you forgot to mention the following: England is one of your favorite vacation spots and the Queen of England has Corgis as her favorite dogs. They follow her everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the Turner Classic Channel, Elvis movies are playing and Adam loves them. I always think of you when I see him!

    ReplyDelete